These Raspberry Habanero Wings are sweet, tart, spicy, heavenly, and addictive. I quickly threw this together with a bunch of left overs from other recipes. I’m thrilled to share the results with you!
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 habanero chilis
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs finely mined ginger
- 2 Tbs white vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs honey
- Allow the chicken wings to come to room temp then thoroughly dry them on paper towel. Lightly dust wings with salt and corn starch on both sides.
- Prep your oil by heating in a large dutch oven to 370°F for 5 minutes.
- Cook in batches so you don’t over crowd the pot. Slowly add wings one at a time while maintaining temperature by slowly adjusting heat.
- Fry wings for 4-5 minutes and drain on paper towels.
- Try not to eat them!
- Finely chop 3 habanero chilis and sauté in 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil until tender.
- Add 2 tablespoons each of finely chopped ginger, honey, vinegar, and sugar and 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries. Stir the sauce with a wooden spoon as it cooks over medium low heat to break down the raspberries. If the sauce gets too thick add a few drops of water.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and allow to cool slightly before tossing with the wings.
- Allow wings to dry completely then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add a few tablespoons of Raspberry Habanero Sauce at a time and toss until just coated.
- Reserve extra sauce to drizzle over wings or for dipping.
- Never fill your frying vessel more than halfway will oil.
- Use a candy thermometer to monitor and maintain a 360-370°F temperature.
- Adjust habanero chilis to your taste. Three chilis was just right for me as I like my sauce extra spicy.