THE BOTTOM LINE
- Google: I use Google Analytics to keep track of how people find my content and what pages they visit. Google can tell me such information as country of origin, type of web browser used, and what searches bring people to my site. If you are a Google or Gmail registered user, I can view more detailed information such as age, gender, and interests. This information is anonymous and never reveals your personal name, email address, or location.
- Newsletter: MailerLite is my newsletter service. I’ve chosen to request your first name and email address so I can effectively communicate with you. You will never receive an unsolicited email through this service. Click the Unsubscribe link in the email or contact me to unsubscribe.
- Affiliate Links: In an effort to make shopping for ingredients and other cool stuff more efficient, I’ve partnered with the Amazon Affiliate program. You may see ads or links on this site related to the content in the written post. I’ll make a small commission through purchases with these links. I may also post links to other websites. Unless I note that there’s a commission involved, these are non-affiliated links.
- Advertising: Aside from the content related Amazon links, I have chosen not to place advertising on my website. My focus is on quality ingredients, recipes, stories, and photos. Not on driving traffic to increase revenue. If I mention a brand or business it’s because I sincerely want to share them with you. If I ever partner with or receive money or favors from a brand or business I will disclose as such.
In the following policy, the use of “us”, “we”, and “our” refers to the company Eat Up! Kitchen and its members. “You”, “user”, and “your” refers to any visitor or customer of the site.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT:
- Comments, Contact Forms, Newsletter: Data shown in the comments, contact forms, and newsletter sign-up forms, such as name and email address that you voluntarily provide to us, are collected. If you opt-in to the newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will always be included in newsletter emails (at the bottom of the email).
- Automatically Collected Data: When you visit this site, your IP address and browser user agent string are collected to help spam detection. Information about the referring website, what links you click while visiting this site, and what pages and posts you view are also collected.
- Demographic Information: Via Google Analytics, the site may also collect demographic information about users, such as age, gender, location, and interests. This information is non-identifiable. We use this information, and the aggregate demographic information in Google Analytics, to produce relevant content for our readers and to identify our audience and your interests for sponsored content opportunities.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files about this website that can be stored on your browser (if you allow). They help provide you with a better experience of the website, for example by saving your name and email address in comment forms so you do not have to enter these again in the future. Cookies are used to compile data to help us offer better and more personalized site experiences in the future. You may disable cookies via your Internet browser. Cookies may also be used by third party systems, such as Google Analytics.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED:
- To operate and maintain this website to offer you the best user experience.
- To create your account and save information (such as in the comment forms) for future use.
- To send newsletters and promotional information (if you opted into this). Each email promotion is generated via MailerLite and includes options to opt-out.
- To respond to questions or comments you have.
- To detect and protect against any unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To track advertising.
- Aggregate demographic information may be shared with third parties for sponsored content opportunities.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES:
Embedded content from other websites used in posts on this site behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH:
Occasionally, your information may be shared with trusted third parties that this website uses. However, we never sell information for profit to third parties.
- MailerLite: this service has access to your name and email for use in newsletters and promotional emails.
- Google Analytics: this services captures your IP address, referring websites, and user activities. We use this service to understand site navigation, user sessions, and demographics.
- Askimet: this service collects information about visitors who comment on Sites that use the Akismet anti-spam service. The information collected depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
RIGHTS TO YOUR INFORMATION:
- At any time you can opt-out of newsletters and promotional emails by clicking the unsubscribe links, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your information.
- You can also request to access or amend your personal information, or receive more information about how we use your data, by contacting email@example.com.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and earn from qualifying purchases. This advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com. If we include a link to a product from Amazon, and you click on this link and purchase the product, we will make a small commission.
We may also participate in other affiliate programs that provide us with commission in a similar way.
Newsletters we send may include tracking data which can tell us information about what links you click and if you open the emails. This information helps inform our newsletter campaigns in the future.
This website may produce sponsored content from time to time. All sponsored content will be disclosed in accordance with FTC guidelines. Regardless if content is sponsored or not, all statements regarding products on this site are always our own opinions. However, not all posts that mention recommended products and foods are sponsored.
If there are links to third parties within sponsored content posts and you click on them, data about you may be collected and used to track the success of campaigns. We have no responsibility for the activity of these third party links.
If nutritional information for recipes or foods is included, the information is estimated and may not be exact. Specifically, nutritional information may be pulled from the USDA Nutrient Composition Database, via a meal planning software that Eat Up! Kitchen has purchased.
REPRODUCTION AND USE OF CONTENT
All rights reserved. You may not reproduce our content or use any recipes, photos, or writing without our permission.
You may cite a recipe or post by crediting Eat Up! Kitchen and linking back to the original post and home page if possible. You may use up to one original image with the proper credit and link back to the original content. However, you may not repost the recipe in its entirety with ingredients and directions.
You may not in any way alter or sell any content from this site, including recipes and images.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
This website and various aspects of this website may be protected by federal statutory and common law copyright protection, federal statutory and common law trademark and service mark protection, federal statutory and common law trade dress protection and federal patent protection. Any infringement of the intellectual property rights of this website will be aggressively prosecuted.
CONSENT, CHANGES TO POLICY, AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When changes to this page are made, they will be reflected in the date below.