These Sweet and Tangy Oven-Baked Kansas City Style BBQ Ribs are made with homemade KC BBQ Sauce and KC BBQ Dry Rub. Not only are they great for watching The Kansas City Chiefs in the Superbowl, they’re great any time of year! Who says you can’t make great ribs in the oven in the middle of winter?
This recipe requires the Kansas City Style Dry Rub and Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce. Both are quite simple recipes that can be made in 30-35 minutes. I’ve developed both recipes specifically for oven-baked ribs.
Baked Kansas City RibsCourse: Game Day, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These Sweet and Tangy Oven-Baked Kansas City Style BBQ Ribs are made with homemade KC BBQ Sauce and KC BBW Dry Rub.
- Remove the membrane from the back ot he ribs. Carefully insert a sharp knife under the membrane to get it loose. Use paper towel to grab the membrane and pull it away from the ribs.
- Lightly coat each side fo the ribs with kosher salt.
- Coat each side of the ribs with Kansas City Style Dry Rub. Double wrap in foil then refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Remove ribs from foil. Apply a light coat of Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce on both sides of the ribs then transfer to lined sheetpan. Tightly wrap the sheetpan with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the sheetpan from the oven every 30 minutes to apply a light coat of BBQ sauce.
- After 2 hours, remove the foil cover and discard. Apply one more layer of sauce to the ribs then place them back in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining BBQ sauce in a small pan to kill off any bacteria and wash the brush.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and apply a final light layer of sauce.