These Chicken Stuffed Jalapeños are awesome!! If you were looking for something impressively delicious to bring to a party, here ya go!
I went with a taco style seasoning blend but you could play around with different flavors like buffalo chicken, sririacha, or curry. When shopping for your jalapeños, get the biggest you can find. They’ll hold more of the filling and they’ll be less spicy than the smaller ones.
Chicken Stuffed Jalapeños
- 2 chicken thighs finally chopped about 1 cup
- 1 small onion finely chopped about 1/2 cup
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbs tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 8-12 jalapeños
- 1 scallion minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese freshly grated
- Prep the jalapeños by washing and drying them.
- Slice them in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a small spoon.
- Place the jalapeños on a lined baking sheet.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onions until the onions soften.
- Add the chicken and spices and sauté for a few minutes until the spices are no longer dry.
- Clear a spot in the middle of the pan to add the tomato paste. Use a wooden spoon to incorporate with the chicken. Sauté for a few more minutes until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a medium bowl and allow to rest to room temp.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Once chicken has cooled, mix in the scallions and cheddar cheese.
- Fill each jalapeño with the chicken mixture.
- Bake jalapeños for 15 minutes or until edges begin to char.
I’m Anthony from Philadelphia. I started Eat Up! Kitchen because I love food. Not just that stuff you eat in the car or have GrubHubbed before you watch Game of Thrones, but the stuff that our history, culture, and tradition are built around.