This salad dressing comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Frog Commissary Cookbook. This IS the dressing you’ve been looking for. It can be used on everything from a mixed green salad, steamed broccoli, potato salad, a grilled chicken sandwich, or a topping for a pan roasted salmon fillet. Very flexible! And dairy free, to boot!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- With an immersion blender, blend the egg until it turns light.
- Slowly add the oil to combine until it becomes thick then slowly add the vinegar.
- Transfer chopped herbs to a mason jar which you'll keep in the fridge for the rest of the week.
- Add the mayonnaise you just made to the mason jar and tighten the lid.
- SHAKE! SHAKE! SHAKE!
I’m Anthony from Philadelphia. I started Eat Up! Kitchen because I love food. Not just that stuff you eat in the car or have GrubHubbed before you watch Game of Thrones, but the stuff that our history, culture, and tradition are built around.