This salad dressing comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Frog Commissary Cookbook. This IS the dressing you’ve been looking for. It can be used on everything from a mixed green salad, steamed broccoli, potato salad, a grilled chicken sandwich, or a topping for a pan roasted salmon fillet. Very flexible! And dairy free, to boot!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- With an immersion blender, blend the egg until it turns light.
- Slowly add the oil to combine until it becomes thick then slowly add the vinegar.
- Transfer chopped herbs to a mason jar which you'll keep in the fridge for the rest of the week.
- Add the mayonnaise you just made to the mason jar and tighten the lid.
- SHAKE! SHAKE! SHAKE!