If you’re in love with tacos as much as me, you might be looking for something a little lighter and easier to make on a regular basis. Roast Cauliflower is dead simple and can be seasoned in any creative way you’d like to rival even the best meat-filled tacos.
I could spend an entire year making tacos for this website. Pork, chicken, beef, fish, can all be prepared several ways. Each of them can be topped with additions like cilantro, onion, pineapple, avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, honey, Sriracha, etc. The only limitation is your imagination. When it comes down to it though, I want a taco filling with rich, deep flavor, lots of fresh vegetables to balance each bite, and just enough hot sauce for a little chili and vinegar kick in the butt. So, there’s really no reason why this can’t be a vegetarian meatless taco. I mean, an entire head of cauliflower is only 150 calories, has nearly five times the amount of Vitamin C you need and half your day’s Potassium, Vitamin B-6, and Fiber. For comparison, a pound of uncooked chicken is a thousand calories. I don’t know if we’re calling cauliflower a super food but I think it’s pretty super.
Cauliflower seems to be a trendy vegetable these days. You’ve got pizza crusts made from cauliflower, cauliflower steaks, fritters, mashes, tots, and buffalo bites. One of my favorites is Korean Fried Cauliflower. There’s no shortage of truly creative ideas on Pinterest. You should look around and see what else you can do with this versatile super veg. Today, we’re just going to focus on a simple pan roast cauliflower for these tacos.
Break down the cauliflower in to bite size pieces and toss in a large bowl with vegetable oil, salt, cayenne, cumin, and the juice of half a lemon. Roast in a preheated 450°F oven for 20 minutes and you’re all set. You could add other spices like Mexican oregano, smoked paprika, hot paprika, sriracha powder, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion powder. Let me know in the comments if you have any other seasoning ideas!
Roast Cauliflower Tacos
- 1 head cauliflower broken down
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 lime quartered
- 2 radishes sliced
- cilantro minced
- 1/4 white onion finley diced
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced
- queso blanco
- hot sauce
- 3 softened corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Break down cauliflower in to bite size pieces and toss in a large bowl with vegetable oil, salt, cayenne, cumin, and the juice of half a lime. Adjust seasoning to taste. Space evenly on sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes. Toss and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Assemble tacos with Roasted Cauliflower, Cilantro, Onions, Radishes, Avocado, Cabbage, Queso, and your favorite hot sauce.