What cookout is complete without a myriad of colorful healthy salads?! Pasta and vegetables are brought together with lemon, honey, mint and feta in this dish that screams Eat Me! Serve alongside barbecued ribs or burgers to brighten up your table. Or just make this for a random weeknight dinner like I do.
Summer Pasta Salad with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
Everything works together in this mixed pasta and vegetable salad with a lemon honey dressing. This would go great with some barbecued ribs or burgers.
- 1/2 lb. Tri-colored Fusili pasta
- 1 Fennel, shaved
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 English Cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta
- 3 small Radishes, shaved
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, sliced
- Fennel Fronds
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook a half pound of Fusilli pasta per the package instructions until just al dente.
- While that's cooking, shave, slice, or dice remaining vegetables.
- Tear or chiffonade mint and fennel fronds to mix with and garnish salad along with feta.
- For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, honey, and very good olive oil and mix thoroughly. Divide in half.
- When the pasta is done cooking, rinse well in cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain thoroughly.
- Fold vegetables and pasta together in large mixing bowl with half the dressing. Reserve the herbs and feta until the last few folds. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Present remaining half of dressing to top individual salads.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @eatupkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #eatupkitchen.