What cookout is complete without a myriad of colorful healthy salads?! Pasta and vegetables are brought together with lemon, honey, mint and feta in this dish that screams Eat Me! Serve alongside barbecued ribs or burgers to brighten up your table. Or just make this for a random weeknight dinner like I do.
Summer Pasta Salad with Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/2 lb. Tri-colored Fusili pasta
- 1 Fennel shaved
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 English Cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta
- 3 small Radishes shaved
- 1/2 cup Red Onion sliced
- Fennel Fronds
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook a half pound of Fusilli pasta per the package instructions until just al dente.
- While that's cooking, shave, slice, or dice remaining vegetables.
- Tear or chiffonade mint and fennel fronds to mix with and garnish salad along with feta.
- For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, honey, and very good olive oil and mix thoroughly. Divide in half.
- When the pasta is done cooking, rinse well in cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain thoroughly.
- Fold vegetables and pasta together in large mixing bowl with half the dressing. Reserve the herbs and feta until the last few folds. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Present remaining half of dressing to top individual salads.
I’m Anthony from Philadelphia. I started Eat Up! Kitchen because I love food. Not just that stuff you eat in the car or have GrubHubbed before you watch Game of Thrones, but the stuff that our history, culture, and tradition are built around.