It’s time to make Chimichurri Sauce part of your cooking arsenal. It’s loaded with fresh herbs, sharp vinegar, spicy chilis, and garlic. It goes on practically everything. Steaks, salads, chicken, pizza, pasta, burgers, fish, sandwiches, and probably even ice cream!
You don’t necessarily have to chop it up all by hand with a sharp chef’s knife. You could use a blender or food processor. Personally, I like to keep things simple and hate doing dishes.
Check out my Flank Steak with Chimichurri and Charred Chard!
While you could simply buzz all the ingredients of this chimichurri sauce in a food processor or blender, I prefer to chop them all by hand. It doesn't take long, gives you more control, and doesn't require cleaning anything more than a knife and cutting board.
- 1 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup oregano
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar (red or white)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs pepper
- 2 serrano (or jalapeno) peppers minced
- Finely chop parsley, fresh oregano, garlic, and chili peppers.
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or other container with a tight lid and shake vigorously.
- Keeps in refrigerator for weeks.