Romesco sauce is a seriously underutilized condiment that takes practically no time to make. It’s versatile and easily customized to your own tastes. I’ve had several different kinds; some are thick and smooth like this, others are a little more chunky and herbaceous. If you haven’t entered the world of homemade condiments, I suggest you make this one your first! Plus, it’s vegan!
Romesco sauce has a hundred uses. Serve over grilled meats or fish, on salads, or just with some crusty bread.
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cubed bread lightly fried in olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted hazel nuts
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp habanero or cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blend all ingredients except for oil in blender until smooth.
- Slowly add oil while blending until oil is well incorporated.
- Serve fresh or keep covered tightly in refrigerator for a couple weeks.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @eatupkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #eatupkitchen.