Romesco sauce is a seriously underutilized condiment that takes practically no time to make. It’s versatile and easily customized to your own tastes. I’ve had several different kinds; some are thick and smooth like this, others are a little more chunky and herbaceous. If you haven’t entered the world of homemade condiments, I suggest you make this one your first! Plus, it’s vegan!
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cubed bread lightly fried in olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted hazel nuts
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp habanero or cayenne powder optional
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blend all ingredients except for oil in blender until smooth.
- Slowly add oil while blending until oil is well incorporated.
- Serve fresh or keep covered tightly in refrigerator for a couple weeks.
I’m Anthony from Philadelphia. I started Eat Up! Kitchen because I love food. Not just that stuff you eat in the car or have GrubHubbed before you watch Game of Thrones, but the stuff that our history, culture, and tradition are built around.