Check out these Baked Chicken Tender Caesar Wraps! I’ll go through baking chicken tenders in this recipe which you can dress with the Easy Caesar Dressing or Classic Caesar Dressing I posted last week. Wrap ’em up with some romaine, roasted red peppers, and bacon and you’ve got a great lunch.
Right up front I’ll say that I’ve never had a baked chicken tender that came close to a fried one. This recipe is no exception. I mean, you can’t make orange juice out of lemons either. Coating chicken tenders in pre-baked panko gives them a little crunch and great color that you otherwise can’t get from breaded baked chicken. Plus these only take 20 minutes and come out super juicy.
Prep your breading by placing a cup of panko (I used 2) on a lined baking sheet. Season it well with salt and pepper then spray it with some cooking spray. Place the sheet pan in a 400°F oven for 5-8 minutes. I actually placed mine in the oven while I was waiting for it to preheat. Just be careful you don’t burn it. While your panko is getting a tan, cut two chicken breasts in to tender size pieces. I can usually get 3-4 uniform slices by slicing diagonally from the thinnest point of the breast back to the thickest part.
Side note – I use a pink pepper mill for my Himalayan Pink salt.
I started using this new three point breading station. Instead of three separate dishes of seasoned flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs, I just dump the dry stations right on a large pice of parchment paper. This not only saves on dishes it makes for fast clean up. The eggs still need to be in a bowl but the flour and breading can just be scooped up in the parchment and tossed in the trash when I’m done. Once you’ve breaded your chicken tenders you can through them right in the preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes. While they’re baking you can prep your wraps, wash and dry your romaine, fry up some bacon and slice roasted red peppers.
To dress your Chicken Tender Caesar Wraps you’re going to need some caesar dressing. I made two recipes last week you should check out. There’s an Easy Caesar Dressing made with mayonnaise and there’s a Classic Caesar Dressing made with egg yolks and anchovies. I personally love the classic recipe. It’s creamy, silky, and full of that umami from the anchovies. The mayo version basically tastes like fancied up mayo with lemon, garlic, black pepper and reggiano.
Baked Chicken Tender Caesar Wrap
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cooking Spray
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Chicken Breasts or 5-6 Chicken Tenders
- Romaine Lettuce
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Sandwich Wraps
- Preheat an oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out panko on the baking sheet and season well with salt and pepper - about 2 tsp each - and spray with cooking spray. Mix well and spread out. Bake for 5-8 minutes until golden brown. Transfer baked panko to breading station to cool and discard any left over crumbs.
- Prep 3 point breading station with seasoned flour, whisked eggs, and cooled panko. Cut chicken breast in to 3-4 strips. Dredge well in flour then shake off excess. Dunk and fully coat in eggs then drop in panko. Roll tenders in panko then set aside. Place on a lined and sprayed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F or until internal temp is 162°F.
- While the chicken tenders are baking, wash and dry romaine lettuce. Fry up a few pieces of bacon and slice some roasted red peppers if you're using either of them.
- Build the Baked Chicken Tender Caesar Wrap with your favorite sandwich wrap, Romaine Lettuce, Red Peppers, Bacon, and Baked Chicken Tenders. Top with homemade Caesar Dressing and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.