Using store bought mayonnaise makes for a super Easy Caesar Dressing. Plus you don’t have to worry about anchovies and raw egg yolks. This comes together in 5-7 minutes with stuff you probably already have.
While writing this recipe for Classic Caesar Dressing I thought there’s probably a bunch of people who’d rather avoid raw egg yolks and anchovies. I do hope you’ll give the classic recipe a try but I can understand if you feel a little weird about these things. If you’re a bottled caesar dressing lover then this is the recipe for you. In order to replicate the viscosity and binding agent of the egg yolk we’re going to use store bought Mayonnaise. Jarred Mayo typically has a little sugar in it so this should give your Easy Caesar Dressing a familiar bottle-like taste. In place of anchovies we’re going to use Worcestershire sauce. Fun fact – Worcestershire sauce already has anchovies in it. This makes it an obvious substitute. Plus you get a nicely little zing to boot!
All you’ll need for Easy Caesar Dressing is a microplane, a mixing bowl and a whisk! I tried this with a blender but honestly it wasn’t as good and I had to clean my blender. Use the micro plane to grate a garlic clove in to the mixing bowl or otherwise mince it very fine. Individually add each of the following ingredients and whisk for 60 seconds to really emulsify the dressing. Olive Oil, dijon, lemon juice, Worcestershire, pepper, mayonnaise, reggiano.
So it’s been like seven minutes and now you have Casear Dressing. Whatever will you enjoy it with? Of course you can make yourself a caesar salad with romaine lettuce and croutons. Make sure to grate a ton of reggiano on it! You could certainly serve this Easy Caesar Dressing with a crudités plate of carrots, broccoli, and cucumbers. How about a Chicken Tender Caesar Salad Wrap? Yeah, that’s sounds pretty great. Stay tuned for that recipe!
Easy Caesar Dressing
- 1 Clove Garlic freshly grated
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp coarsely ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. Parmagennio Reggiano freshly grated
- Salt to taste
- Use a micro plane to grate 1 large garlic clove in to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil to the garlic and whisk for 60 seconds until the oil thickens and turns opaque.
- Again for 60 seconds each add the dijon mustard, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce whisking to emulsify.
- Add the black pepper and stir to combine. Add the mayonnaise and whisk for 60 seconds to emulsify with the dressing. Finally, fold in the grated Parmagennio Reggiano and Tate for salt.